There is a good number of scientists working at ESAC who study star- and planet formation. The environment favors the interaction with planetary scientists involved in ESA’s mission to planets and other bodies of the Solar System and with Data Scientists interested in applying modern Machine Learning techniques to the wealth of high quality scientific data in our Science Data Archives. If you fit any of those groups and are interested to work with us, do consider applying!!
Trainees, Master and/or Ph.D. students and post-docs:
- Want to join us? Check here for applying to an ESA Research Fellowship (Deadline in the fall) or here for applying for an ESAC Science Traineeship (Deadline in the fall).
- Nuria Huélamo, Staff researcher at the Centro de Astrobiología (CAB), ESAC, Spain.
- Héctor Cánovas, scientist at the Gaia Science Operations Centre, ESAC, Spain.
- Sandor Kruk, ESA Research Fellow in Euclid mission, ESTEC, The Netherlands.
- Ingo Waldmann, Associate professor on Extrasolar Planets, University College London (UK).
- Ross Thomson, Google (USA).
Current students in my group:
- Antónia Vojteková, ESA Young Graduate Trainee on Astronomical Image Denoising with U-Nets, at ESAC, in Madrid.
- Patricio Yael Reller, ESAC Science Trainee Automatic Astronomical Image segmentation/classification, at ESAC in Madrid.
- Pablo García Martín, engineering lead at SAFRAN, France, and Ph.D. student at UAM (Spain) on Automatic identification of asteroids and satellite trails on HST images with AutoML, in Madrid.
- David Smith, Ph.D. student at the Centre for Doctoral Studies (CDT) at University College London (UCL) on ML-supported enhanced Gaia cross-matching and multi-wavelength source identifcation, UK and at ESAC, in Spain.
- Fabrizio Giordano, senior software engineer at the ESAC Science Data Centre and Ph.D. student at Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (UAM) in FITS-On-Web advanced visualisation technology for Astronomical data, in Madrid.
Former ESA Research Fellows, Ph.D. students and summer trainees in our group:
- Pablo Riviere Marichalar, former ESA Research Fellow, now research staff at the Observatorio Astronómico Nacional (OAN), Madrid, Spain.
- Isabel Rebollido, former ESAC trainee, now Ph.D. student at the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain.
- Catarina Alves de Oliveira, former RF, now Development Manager for the SMILE mission at ESAC, Madrid.
- Hervé Bouy, former RF, now at the Laboratoire d’Astrophysique de Bordeaux, in Bordeaux, France.
- Silvia Vicente, former RF, later at the University of Groningen, in Groningen, in the Netherlands.
- Loredana Spezzi, former RF, now Remote Sensing Scientists at the EUMETSAT, in Frankfurt, Germany.
- Luca Matrà, former ESAC trainee, now Lecturer in Astronomy at the National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland.
- Álvaro Ribas, former Ph.D. student, now Research Fellow at the European Southern Observatory (ESO) in Santiago de Chile, Chile.
- Sam Wilkinson, former ESAC science trainee in 2016.
- Ignacio Bustamante Bengoechea, Ph.D. student at CAB/ESAC, graduated on 22 June 2017 at UAM.
Other remote or past collaborators include:
- Hervé Bouy, Laboratoire d’Astrophysique de Bordeaux, in Bordeaux, France.
- Timo Prusti, ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- David Ardila, Jet Propulsion Laboratory (Pasadena, CA, USA).
- Ewine F. van Dishoeck, Leiden Observatory, The Netherlands. and MPE, Garching, Germany.
- Neal Evans, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, United States.
- Lucas Cieza, Universidad Diego Portales, Chile.
- Paul Harvey, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, United States.
- Fernando Comerón, European Southern Observatory, Garching, Germany.
- Benjamín Montesinos, Centro de Astrobiologia (CAB, Spain).
- Carlos Eiroa, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid (Spain).